A personal background investigation is the process that helps to check the criminal, financial, and commercial record of a person. Personal background checks are carried out for a variety of reasons and some of them opt for this option to screen their employees or contractors. According to the rules and regulations of the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, the employer needs the concern person’s permission to carry out this process. In order to conduct the check, you need to sign the form.
Through this process a company can find out about the employment history of the candidate and verify whether the information provided by him/her is true. Some of the things included in this process are asset information, bankruptcy, lawsuits, judgments, driving license, address history, and much more.
How to personal check process works?
Pre-employment background check is a must to recruit loyal and fruitful employees for your business. It is not just limited to employees, but you conduct background verification on your babysitters, maid, tenants, and landlords. There are many companies offering this service to the customers at a reasonable price. Some of the online services offer this for free and you can select one based on the reputation of the company.
Many of them think that hiring a private investigator for this purpose will be too expensive and it also consumes a lot of time. Online services are less time consuming and reliable. If you are opting for criminal search on a person online, then you will get all the data related to it in a few minutes of time. You can find it by entering the first and last name and it is filtered as per respective state. It also gives information about the crime statistics based on the crime, gender, age, and ethnicity.
Benefits of background screening
It is easy for the employers to conduct the background search online and using this option you can easily identify the people with fake credentials. The employer will be able to recruit the right person for the job.
Some of the benefits of this service are:
- Before hiring a person, the company can check whether the information provided by the job applicant is true or not. If it is false, you can straightway reject the application of the concern candidate.
- By this way the company can minimize the losses of recruiting and training wrong person. According to the reports, most of the companies suffer from at least 5% losses due to the occupational fraud. Significantly, it may reduce the overall productivity of the company.
- Conduct a personal background check to avoid hiring people with criminal behaviors, because it may spoil the reputation of the company.
- The organization can manage the risks proactively and costly employee problems. Thus, it increases the cash flow for the company.
The company must have license and must have qualified team of professionals to carry out the job. The company must provide following services to the customers:
- Must offer free consultation initially
- All the data must be kept confidential
- Should provide attorney service to the clients
- Should use advanced surveillance methods to check the background profile of a person.
- Must cross check with multiple national databases for complete background investigation
Usually, the employers have to spend quite some time and money in this process. At the same time, poorly done personal background check is totally a waste and also it may give a false sense of security. Check that the company follows all the process as per the federal, state and local laws and regulations. A quality background investigation will be helpful for employers to hire the right candidate for the determined position.
Sholem Asch runs a business with 20 employees. He also writes about the importance of doing personal background check on employees in order to prevent any kind of business setbacks. Check out their website today to learn more about it.